Monday, July 3rd, 2017
This week’s theme for the Flickr Macro Monday group is “Relaxation.” From this week’s instructions:
Relaxation has many different meanings. It can describe being free from responsibility, like a relaxation of your usual obligations that comes while you’re on vacation. The feeling of rest and peacefulness that can come from this freedom is also called relaxation.
1. The act of relaxing or the state of being relaxed; repose or rest.
2. Refreshment of body or mind; recreation.
3. A loosening or slackening.
4. A reduction in strictness or severity.
5. A partial lessening of a punishment or duty.
6. Physiology: The lengthening of inactive muscle or muscle fibers.
7. Physics: The return or adjustment of a system to equilibrium following displacement or abrupt change.
8. Mathematics: A method of solving equations in which the errors resulting from an initial approximation are reduced by succeeding approximations until all errors are within specified limits.
Nothing says relaxation more to me that reading a book (yes, the old-fashioned kind that is printed on actual paper) beside the pool while sipping on a cocktail (my current favorite is amaretto on ice). Ahhhhh. This book was fantastic… recommended (and loaned) to me from my daughter, Jenny… Dark Matter by Blake Crouch. If you like the movie, The Matrix, or the book, The Holographic Universe by Michael Talbot, you will like this book. Alternate reality fiction has always fascinated me and makes me ponder how much impact our seemingly small decisions really have in the world.
If you are looking for good books to read, I highly recommend following my daughter on Good Reads. Jenny has incredible taste in books and is an avid reader. She has over 500 reviews and you can look to see which authors she likes to find some new reading material. Here’s a link to her profile on Good Reads: Jenny Walters.
Nikon D750 | 105mm | f/10 | 1/640 | ISO 400
Thanks for looking!